Friday, November 5, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Teenage Girl

I weigh 126.4 pounds.

However, as the days of skipped gym sessions add up, I can't help but feel more and more uncomfortable. I was sitting in the bathtub comparing my legs to Barbie's when the idea for this post came up. (I've loved to do that all my life - no matter what, my legs have never let me down.)

Now, I like to think of myself as a pretty secure person. I generally don't care too much about being super attractive, since I don't really date anyways. So... if I'm this worried about my weight, what is it like for all the other girls out there?

Well, finally I've gotten around to my point. We are so obsessed with perfection. Do boys really like rock-hard abs and protruding ribs? I doubt it. Your love handles, the muffin top - its no big deal. Did you know, that in older times, being chubby was considered extremely attractive? It was a sign of healthiness. 

And THAT is what makes the difference, really. Are you a healthy, happy person? That's more attractive than any makeup or hairdo or visible ribs. What guy is going to want to deal with an anorexic girlfriend? (In my experience, they just try to feed you up!) 

Time to stop obsessing over whether your bones are visible or not, and start thinking about how to really be beautiful - because the TRULY beautiful people are the ones who are happy.

If you are not able to be happy with yourself, just the way you are, the way you were made - how can you possibly expect anyone else to be? 

You're sexy. ;) 

Unlike this chick.







No comments:

Post a Comment